Monday, October 7, 2024

Non Sleep Deep Rest Experiment

 Here I go again.  Another experiment for you to try that may help you, especially if you're recovering from jet lag or a poor night of sleep.  It's from my favorite neuroscientist, Andrew Huberman.  According to Huberman, "10 minutes of this feels like 8 hours of sleep."  He coined the term, non sleep deep rest, to remove any possible connection to mysticism that is not science based, although he discovered this idea when experimenting with yoga nidra.  He says he has tremendous respect for those who practice yoga nidra.  He is simply taking a scientific approach to NSDR.

If you are wishing to increase the dopamine up to 60% by doing this exercise any time of day or night for just 10 minutes, why not give NSDR a try and see what happens?  I will share more about this in future posts after I have experimented with this technique.  Consider this story as a sneak preview.  If this works for me, I'm going to add it to my growing stack of habits designed to make me the best version of myself I can be.  Have a great day.


No comments: