Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Lessons from Your Gratitude Journal

 My mind seems to thrive when one of my first actions of the morning is to open up my gratitude journal on my laptop.  I've read stories about people who prefer to hand write.  Some purchase exotic bound journals because they place high value on the words they inscribe.  All of these ideas are worthwhile.  For me, a digital gratitude journal is simple and easy to access as I'm also using my laptop for all of my writing projects.  

Something special happens when I review thoughts about gratitude from previous days.  My heart is filled with joy.  Anxiety decreases.  I get excited about the new day ahead.  It's really easy to get distracted when you don't record your thoughts about what you're thankful for.  Although daily journaling about gratitude is still relatively a new part of my routine, I see myself continuing this practice for life.

Cultivate an attitude of gratitude in your life.  Write or type at least three things you are thankful for.  By the way, if you happen to be a San Diego Padres fan, the next two playoff games vs. the Dodgers begin at exactly 8:08pm, central time.  All I can say is I'm thankful to bring you stories daily at 8:08am, Pacific Time.  Whether the start time is a Divine sign from above for those who still keep the faith or a coincidence, I'm thankful our beloved Padres are giving my family something to be thankful for.  Have a great day.

No comments: