Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Happy 85th Birthday to My Mother

 Everyone has a story.  My mother is at her best when she's listening to you share your story.  The most recent example I can offer you is from yesterday.  She said, "Let's go meet some people."  We entered the pool and waded over to the bar where a cluster of guests were socializing.  Within minutes mom knew their stories.  Not the superficial stuff that people offer on a first meeting.  I'm talking about the deep dark fears that we want to hide because we are afraid to be vulnerable.  I watched in amazement as my mom offered comfort and joy to complete strangers who needed to be set free from their worries.

Please send good thoughts to my mother today on her 85th birthday.  I'm thankful to be celebrating this day alongside my siblings.  Happy birthday, mom.  You are my hero.  Thank you for inspiring us to be the best versions of ourselves we can be, even the strangers we met yesterday who needed someone like you to listen to their story.  Have a great day.

No comments: