Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Day 14 Gratitude Journal

 On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your level of gratitude?  Does it change day to day?  The best way I know how to measure my sense of gratitude is by recording what I'm thankful for daily in a gratitude journal.  Today is day 14 which means I'm half way to making daily journaling a permanent habit.  

Most people probably wouldn't consider listing activities they despise on a gratitude journal but I beg to differ.  I'm having great success with the increased endorphin levels that come from activities such as standing outside in the cold facing the morning sun or the cold shower that follows.  It's not the activities I'm thankful for; it's the results of doing things I don't want to do but do them anyway.  I'm thankful for the rush of endorphins which remain hours later.  Happiness and gratitude are from the same family tree.  Start your morning with a notation in your gratitude journal and happiness will show up throughout your day.

It's worth noting that some activities are missing in my daily routine such as too much time on social media scrolling mindlessly.  By the way, the frivolous activities you cut out set you up for the necessary time it takes to do important tasks like gratitude journaling.  Start you gratitude journal today.  Read in on days when you feel like you're in a slump.  Have a great day.

No comments: