Saturday, December 17, 2022

A Man Named Shad

Interesting people continue to cross paths these days.  Yesterday it was Shad, a missionary, who visited at my day job for some help.  Shad is short for Shadrick.  I recognized the name immediately when he handed me his driver's license.  

There is a story in the Old Testament about three men who were thrown into a furnace for their disobedience.  Shadrick was one of the three.  The three were joined by a man in a white robe.  They sung and danced amidst the flames.  Shad was named after Shadrick.  All of his siblings also have Biblical names.  I was touched by the work Shad and his wife, Debi, do south of the border to help others know Jesus.  All of this is done to prevent future fires in that place down under known as Hell.  

Pay attention to the people you meet.  They all have a story.  I would like to thank Shad and Debi for sharing their story yesterday.  Have a great day. 

No comments: