Saturday, August 13, 2022

Shots Fired

 It wasn't anything like the scuffle with the Hatfields and the McCoys at the OK Corral but it was an interesting moment that came later than expected.  I spent most of my day yesterday with some of the best leaders in our company.  We stage friendly competitions to help us raise the bar on our team performances.  At the end of the day we are all one family.  That doesn't always mean everything is friendly when the heat is on.

I'm keeping the names and locations private because I'm not an authorized speaker at my day job.  This story is for entertainment purposes only.  The first shot between us was fired at high noon when the leader from the other side asked me what store I'm from.  I held up one finger at a time calling out, "One, one, one, one....Coralville."

"First shot fired," my teammate from another team said, smiling at me perhaps to show me this was going to be a friendly conflict.  Then she quick fired another shot...

"Are you also number one in the Midwest?" She asked.  She knew the answer.  Her team has held that position since before I joined up with the Hatfields of Iowa.  This savvy leader knew exactly where to shoot.  I paused, smiled and return fired..."Not yet."

It was time to leave the OK Corral and connect with my family before sunset last night.  At least the Hatfields and the McCoys could be united for one day in order to teach our culture to the new hires.  It's not our first rodeo.  God willing, it won't be our last.  This weekend is family time.  Have a great day.


No comments: