Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Pilgrimage Ahead

 People are asking why I'm referring to my next vacation as a pilgrimage.  There's a difference.  Vacations are fun.  Pilgrimages are spiritual journeys.  In a way, my pilgrimage has already begun.  I sensed a need to go through some kind of a cleansing process to prepare for our time in Ireland at the end of the month.  I found exactly what I needed in my house of worship during the Sunday service.  The topic is a bit sensitive.  It's something many ignore.  I decided to dive in last Sunday while my family was visiting.

There is somewhat of a secret room in my particular denomination of believers.  It's a place where you can go to get cleansed.  The choice is anonymity or a face-to-face meeting with the pastor.  I chose to have my meeting in the open area of the room.  The feeling I got while in this room was like talking with a parent about the times when you come up short and they respond with loving encouragement.  The idea is to feel like you're talking directly to Jesus.  The pastor is there to make the experience more real.  We happen to believe Jesus is in the room.  Jesus promises when two or more are gathered in his name he is there.  It worked.  The crazy part about this is my experience happened while the service was going on.  Yep.  The secret room is right there in the open.

This spiritual cleansing I went through last Sunday is only the first step in the pilgrimage process.  I will be sharing the adventure as it unfolds in less than two weeks.  Have a great day.

No comments: