Saturday, January 16, 2021

The Land Mines are Gone

This is a follow-up to yesterday's brief message.  I didn't have time to elaborate on the details because the early morning plate was filled beyond capacity.  The truth is I won the battle before it started.  Yes, every fight you fight is won in the mind first.  I chose to keep my attitude positive in very challenging circumstances and it worked brilliantly.

The first challenge was the snow in the driveway.  I didn't have enough time to clear the whole driveway before my wife's departure so I used my shovel to clear two lines all the way to the street.  It worked.  I guided my wife like an airline ground crew employee guiding a plane out of the gate.  This is really important to prevent the light snow from being compacted under the weight of our vehicles.  I had enough time to finish the driveway, call the plumber, and get to work on the icy roads.  My boss allowed me to come home early and rent a rug doctor to work on the carpet.  It was a triumphant day but it could have been terrible had I let my attitude slip into hopelessness. 

Guard your thoughts.  Be cautious when faced with land mines.  Have a great day.

No comments: