Sunday, January 24, 2021

Final Stage with Mother Nature – Acceptance

 Those of you who read my stories regularly probably notice a recurring theme with Mother Nature.  I'm often confrontational in my approach with her.  Not anymore.  Despite a couple of inches of fresh snow on my driveway and a forecast of another 8 to 12 inches in the next 24 hours, I'm no longer fighting her.  This is the final stage – acceptance.  She is always going to be who she is.  That's her nature.  She has her four seasons and she does what she does no matter what I say or do.  I have no control over her.  What I do have control over is how I relate to her.  Well, it's time I change my tune.  Not only do I accept everything she offers, but I'm also now going to thank her for everything.  Why?  Because she is helping me to grow. I'm building muscle strength every time I shovel snow.  My body is adapting to the cold.  I'm also improving my attitude.  Thank you, Mother Nature, for all the opportunities you give me, especially in the winter months.  Time to shovel.  Have a great day.

No comments: