Tuesday, January 5, 2021

The Fog Lifted

 Clear skies are upon us for the first time in the new year.  The fog lifted this morning after sunrise.  There is a quiet stillness in the air.  Frigid temperatures guarantee that the twelve-inch blanket of snow on the ground will be with us for a while.  I'm happy to see the sun again.  We may be banned from gathering in large groups these days but there are many other things we can do this time of year.  I'm using this time to experiment with new recipes and strengthen my body.  We joined the gym yesterday and committed to one year.  I kicked in an extra fifty bucks for a special key giving us after-hours access.  My wife and I want to prepare our bodies for our vacation in Hawaii this summer.  

Speaking of fog lifting, I wanted to offer an update on how my mind is functioning at the age of 60.5 years.  I've been experimenting with molecules based on the book, "Lifespan," by David A. Sinclair.  There is something happening in my brain.  It may or may not be a placebo effect and I really don't care either way because I'm noticing that my brain is functioning more efficiently.  It's like driving your car after it's been tuned up.  It's the same vehicle but it runs better.  I have the same brain but I feel like it's no longer in the fog.  All I can say right now is I'm happy the fog lifted.  The molecules are only one small part of my plan to be healthy.  Daily meditations, a plant-based diet, exercise, and time with nature are also necessary.  Have a great day.

No comments: