Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Become Your Own Body Detective

 Please don't fire or ignore your physician.  He or she plays a vital role in your health, especially when you're making changes that can affect your prescriptions.  You should consider what you can do to manage your health between annual exams.  You can become your own body detective.  Spot the crime before your body commits it by searching for important clues.  The older you are, the more important this is.

I take my temperature every morning.  This routine started when COVID-19 first showed up on the planet.  I also take my blood pressure readings regularly to make sure my body is behaving properly.  I'm at risk for inflammation which shows up as high blood pressure when I eat the wrong foods.  Another tool I use is for monitoring my oxygen levels.  Low levels reveal there is a problem and I can share it with my doctor while there is time to make adjustments.  

I recommend you keep a journal to record any changes you notice.  Your good health depends on the responsibility you take for monitoring your body.  Have a great day.

No comments: