Wednesday, January 20, 2021

How I Navigated My First 24-Hour Fast

 My smoothie tasted extra delicious this morning after completing a 24-hour fast.  I'm on day 17 of Soulcon Challenge with a group of local men in my community.  It's a 6-week special forces challenge for men designed to inspire a closer relationship to Jesus.  It's amazing how much the body is capable of when you decide in your mind to raise the bar.  

Fasting is good for the mind, body, and spirit.  The idea, according to the author, Cody Bobay, is to "put down your fork and pick up your cross."  This is not easy, especially when you commit to 24 hours without eating and your stomach is interrupting your thoughts with loud gurgling noises.  I muted those noises and kept my mind focused on positive thoughts.  I'm doing my best to eliminate all snacks between meals and limiting my food intake to once or twice a day.  This fast gave me the opportunity to explore the limits of my routine and build confidence for a better lifestyle.  Give fasting a try if you would like to discover all the benefits it has to offer.  Have a great day.

No comments: