Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Do You Know the Element You Thrive in?

 Today's story is inspired by our daughter who asked our family to check out Jay Shetty, a vlogger who inspires others with YouTube videos based on his life lessons as a business man and monk.  He's one of those people who asks penetrating questions designed to help you grow as a person.

I'm sharing something he said in a YouTube interview that may help you with your life.  Knowing the element you thrive in is the key to being the best you can be.  Jay Shetty references Michael Jordan.  He was in his element when he played basketball.  Not so much when he played baseball.  The difference was being in the right element.  The same is true for you and me.  I'm in my element when I'm sharing my life with others.  The wins help others improve.  The losses teach others what to avoid.  Maybe that's why it's so easy for me to get up every morning, day after day, month after month, and year after year to share my life with you.

If you're not winning in life, search for the element where you can thrive.  You are unique.  What works for others may not work for you.  Take time and don't settle on the wrong element.  Have a great day.

No comments: