Friday, March 27, 2020

Why I Prefer the Unknown Roads

I had an interesting conversation with a teammate at my day job the other day.  I brought up the idea that most of us simply repeat ourselves day after day.  What I mean is nothing ever changes.  We park in the same parking spaces, do the same activities, complain about the same challenges, and pretty much repeat history.  He looked at me and said, "I park in the same space every day."  He paused and then smiled because he realized I was right about reliving our lives without ever making changes.

This novel virus is serving as a kind of disrupter.  Some may complain about all the changes going on in the world right now.  I see this time as an opportunity to try out some unknown roads.  It's better not to plan too far ahead.  Take things one day at a time and focus on how uncertainty can serve as an opportunity to explore new ideas that can enhance your life.  Try an unknown road today.  Enjoy the ride.  Have a great day.

No comments: