Sunday, March 22, 2020

Finding Peace in Troubled Times

I got my butt kicked these last couple of days.  It was a stunning total defeat.  I didn't see it coming.  There won't be any news media reports about this because they have bigger stories to report.  I can assure you the grandkids will hear about this when they ask how we coped with the great pandemic of the century.  Our story may be different from those carefree spring breakers who partied in Florida like there's no tomorrow.

I promise you I will recover.  All I can say is I gave my best effort.  When nothing else was working, I tried bluffing.  My wife and our youngest son called my bluff.  Much to my chagrin, that's how I lost three times in a row at Scrabble.  Today our youngest son returns to school in Montana after an extended spring break.  He is well equipped to handle the chaos in these troubled times.  You may be asking, "What's the lesson in your defeat?"  My answer is simple.  Find peace in all circumstances.  Be in the moment.  Recognize that you can't control the outcome but you can find peace when you control how you handle uncertainty.  Have a great day.

No comments: