Monday, January 2, 2023

Find the Fire Within

I started one new thing yesterday and that's it for the year.  New things are great except for one thing – if they crowd out your list of important objectives, they can hurt you.  My book projects have been on the back burner so long they may be growing mold.  No bueno.  That's why this year I'm concentrating on old things. It's time to find the fire within and crank up the heat.

How does one find the fire within?  In my opinion, it has to do with finding the reason why you get up in the morning.  The more compelling the reason, the better your odds of completing your tasks.  I find a great deal of inspiration from following Jesus.  The more I understand who Jesus is and why he loves us so much, especially the ones who feel lost and alone, the more my desire grows to follow in his footsteps.  Jesus has a special place in his heart for the children.  If a child is sick, Jesus is reaching out to help that sick kid and any family members who are the caregivers.  If I can wake up every morning and think about those kids who are in hospitals fighting for their lives, maybe I can find a way to set my spirit within on fire and actually do something that can make a difference.  Maybe I can pass along some lessons I learned to my readers and use the proceeds from these books to make a difference.  That's my why.  What's yours?  It's time to get busy.  Have a great day.

No comments: