Thursday, January 12, 2023

Gratitude Check


Nothing about this year has been business as usual.  That's okay with me.  There was a serious bug going around my wife's office and she got sick on the first day of the New Year.  The day she was better I caught her bug and went down for the count.  Now it's the week of inventory at my day job and my schedule is rearranged.  I would normally be working today but I get the day off to celebrate my improved health.  It's gratitude check day.

I was on the phone with my mother this morning doing something exciting... setting up her itinerary for her first Iowa visit.  She's going big.  If everything works out, we will be with her for a month.  There are endless opportunities to explore the area around us.  Does is get any better than having your health and quality time with loved ones?  I'm still grinning ear to ear from all the family time we had together before the crud struck.  Thankfully, this was after the family went home.  

Hug your loved ones today.  Spend time with those who are precious to you.  Ponder all the blessings in your life.  I am thankful for you.  Have a great day.

No comments: