Thursday, January 19, 2023

What is the Sudarium of Oviedo All About?

 There is a lot of talk about the Shroud of Turin and if it is a fake or the real deal.  Carbon dating seems to disprove the authenticity because the tests don't seem to line up properly.  If you haven't heard about the shroud, it's a garment that may be the burial cloth of Jesus.  In my opinion, the Sudarium of Oviedo is just as fascinating.  If you want to know more about the Sudarium, click here for the link.

I discovered an interview with a doctor about the Shroud and its mysteries.  Check it out and see for yourself if this may be authentic.  


One of the reasons why I'm curious about the Sudarium of Oviedo has to do with its location.  Oviedo, Spain is not far from my mother's ancestors who are from Rubalcaba.  Oviedo and Rubalcaba are both near the place where the oldest recoverable DNA was found in La Braña caves.  If you have seen the cover of my book, "The Caveman in the Mirror," that face is the same face on the caveman who haunted me in my dreams while I was penning my novel.  All I can say is this whole journey is "Fascinating."  Is all of this real?  Decide for yourself.  Have a great day.

No comments: