Thursday, January 26, 2023

Are You On the Same Page in Your Relationships?

Think how lonely the world would be if you were the only one in it.  We need companions.  Sometimes our relationships can be rocky.  What really matters is how we relate to those in our inner circle.  I've been married for thirty-three years.  We are approaching a significant milestone next month.  My wife happens to be thirty-three days away from retirement.  Her page – retirement, is different from my page.  Assuming my mind and body keep functioning properly, I'm working another 7 years, 5 months, and 10 days.  My retirement page from my day job will be finalized on 7/5/30, one day after my 70th birthday.  

Those on the outside who don't know my wife and me may think retiring so far apart may cause conflict.  I see it a different way.  In fact, these last ten years living in the Midwest has kept both of us off the same page when it comes to days off.  My wife has banker's hours and I have retail hours.  With the exception of Holidays and vacations, we have been living in different pages.  Her retirement will allow us to be together on the same days when I'm off.  We made it ten years on different pages.  Seven years to go until we are on the same page every day.  

How about you?  Are your pages in alignment with the most important people in your life?  If not, what can you do to increase your harmony?  Think about it.  Have a great day. 

No comments: