Monday, March 16, 2020

Looks Like I Have Visitors in the Desert

I began my "40 days in the Desert" at the start of my Lenten journey.  Well, it's not really the desert most people think of but it's similar because it's baron, as in no cable TV, no wine (except on Sunday), no chocolate, and not much social contact.  For me, this is the perfect writing atmosphere for "The Adventures of Wilson."  While in disconnect mode, I heard about this new virus.  It's spreading faster and further than a California wildfire.  I've survived two wildfires, perhaps the most frightening events in our family history.  Most of the world will get through the latest virus scare.

If you're a new visitor to the desert scene, take your coat off and stay awhile.  I won't shake your hand for two reasons.  Number one, we're in cyberspace and it's just not feasible.  Number two, it's a good idea to practice due diligence and keep skin-to-skin contact to a minimum should we meet in public.  I recommend the Spock greeting from Star Trek because it's friendly and the gesture is derived from the Hebrews as a blessing.  Live long and prosper takes on new meaning when many are afraid of dying if should they get infected by this new virus.

Maybe you're here in the desert because your school is closed, your work is slowing down or shut down due to recent events or you were told to self-isolate.  Or perhaps you're here because you feel safe reading my stories.  Whatever your reason, I'm glad you're here. I find so much beauty in the desert.  If you hear coyotes howling in the distance, don't freak out.  Look them straight in the eye and show them you're not afraid.  You wanna know why?  There's a Resurrection coming.  Yep.  Easter Sunday.  It's a foreshadowing of what's to come – a sequel.  No virus can touch the one who rose from the dead.  He'll take anyone in the desert who wants to follow him to a special place where fear no longer lurks.  Use your time in the desert to get ready because when He comes it's going to be really special.  Thanks for visiting today.  Please don't worry about the stock market.  There just happens to be a big sale.  Have a great day.

No comments: