Thursday, December 14, 2017

Ignorance Awareness


Please humor me – I'm on my third day in a row on my philosophical kick.  Today I'm reflecting on something Socrates said and it challenges what I know (or don't know).  Here goes:

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

This one hits me hard.  Why?  Because the deeper I go on my life's journey, the more I realize what I don't know.  Today is ignorance awareness day.  I may have to incorporate this into my next book because the truth is I really don't know very much about what I'm doing or why it works.  It's the greatest experiment I've ever participated in.  Scary?  Perhaps.  Unburdening?  Yes.  Thought provoking?  You decide.  Tomorrow I promise to change the subject to something more tangible.  Thanks for humoring me.  Have a great day.

No comments: