Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Safe at Home?


We all know the rules of the game in life.  They're like baseball.  You go through Spring Training (Kindergarten through college), do your best to get in the big leagues and find lifelong friends you can trust to be there in tough situations.  It's a combination of playing good offense and defense.  We hope to arrive safe at home and get one more run than the other side.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty certain my uniform will be tattered and dirty and my body will be roughed up from all my years playing the game of life when I round third and head home for the final time.  I'll leave it to the umpire to decide if I'm safe.  The only thing I know for sure is I want to be in the game and I'm not afraid to go into extra innings.  I have my rally cap on and I'm remembering the slogan from my days watching the San Diego Padres, Keep the Faith.  Yep.  It's easy to get disheartened when your team is down but don't ever give up.  Go all in.  Have a great day.

No comments: