Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Angels in Disguise


Her career in food service nearly ended prematurely when the arthritis in both wrists caused unbearable pain.  Our food server at Market House Restaurant in Galena turned to her sister for help and decided to give her food advice a try before resorting to surgery.  "My sister owns this place," our server told us.  "She doesn't eat gluten, dairy or soy products.  My sister suggested I eat like her for a while to see if my pain might subside."

"What happened?"  I asked.

"One day my sister noticed I wasn't rubbing my hands together, something I did to ease the pain of my arthritis.  The marble-sized lumps in my wrists virtually disappeared.  I can stand all day without any pain in my feet and I feel better than ever.  It's been two years since I followed my sister's advice.  She saved me from undergoing surgery and there was no guarantee my wrists would restore me."

I would like to thank both sisters for taking care of my wife and me while we were on vacation and for sharing their food journey with us.  Stop in at the Market House the next time you're in Galena and check out some healthy food options.  The people running the place may call themselves sisters but I know better – they're really angels in disguise.  Have a great day.


No comments: