Monday, September 25, 2017

Imagine Your Writing Endeavor is a Rubik's Cube


Maybe you've been pondering it for a while but you're having trouble figuring out how to get started.  I believe the secret to accomplishing your writing endeavor or any major life project is to imagine it as a Rubik's cube.  There are sequences and patterns.  Play with it.  Experiment.  Don't stop until you solve the vision you created in your mind.

My current work in progress is a hot mess but I know there's a solution somewhere in the editing process and I'm going to keep moving things around until I get it right.  My prior assignment, The Caveman in the Mirror, started with just two sides of a Rubik's cube at opposite ends.  All I needed to do to publish was figure out how the two main characters were related.  When I got stuck, I turned to Divine assistance for clues.  Eventually, all the colors lined up properly and I released my first novel.  The lesson I learned is to never give up.  You can do this.  Take it one step at a time until your Rubik's cube is complete.  Have a great day.

No comments: