Stardate 09.16.2026
My final morning on assignment has arrived.
Prayers and meditation are complete. I slept well last night, and that feels like a good way to begin my final day here.
Once Golden Hour is complete, I will pack up and get ready to head home.
Yesterday turned into an unexpected deployment.
An emergency request came in from the next opening, and I was sent to their temporary office for the day to help. I reunited with colleagues and friends I have worked with on opening teams in several states.
We were swamped.
It was one of those days when there was always another person to help, another question to answer, or another task waiting. I enjoyed being able to jump in and help a team that needed extra hands.
By the end of the day, I was back where I started, preparing for my final morning here.
The opening team is getting ready for its launch. I won't be here when the doors open because I will be traveling on a personal mission. I will miss being part of opening day, and I'm grateful I had the opportunity to help prepare the team.
Launch sequence engaged.
Those words seem appropriate for my own journey right now, too.
Next week I will be heading to Europe to join my DoNotAge partners. Longevity has become a passion of mine, and I want to keep learning.
I want to be 1% better with longevity.
That means learning from people who are further along in the field. Asking questions. Listening to conversations. Paying attention to the lessons that might help me live a longer, healthier life.
I will also be sharing some of what I learn with my followers and conducting interviews along the way.
I don't know yet what every conversation will teach me.
That's part of why I'm going.
“Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!”
— Psalm 90:17
There is still work to do this morning.
Then I get to pack up and point myself toward home.
Join me here:
https://substack.com/@michaelmulliganlivelong
Captain's Addendum
Spock: “Michael, the next mission appears to involve considerable travel and additional learning.”
Bones: “He's going to Europe, Spock. Let the man enjoy the adventure.”
Spock: “I believe that is precisely what I am suggesting, Doctor.”
I have learned that some missions reveal themselves one step at a time.
Today, I finish this one.
Next week, another launch sequence begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment