Stardate 09.08.2026
Creativity is the fuel that fires up my brain every morning before dawn.
I wake up without an alarm, pray, meditate, and then work on my daily stories. Over time, the way I deliver those stories has been evolving as technology improves.
Yesterday, on my day off, I experienced a light-bulb moment.
The spark came from two directions.
Colleagues have been asking me to read excerpts from my blog. New visitors to Substack are beginning to leave comments, click the like button, and become subscribers.
The greatest gift you can give a writer is to acknowledge the contribution.
I've been contributing to my daily blog since late August 2009. My first story on Substack was published at the beginning of this year. Today, 23 people are subscribers.
I'm overjoyed that people want to connect.
There's something else happening when I read those stories aloud. I enjoy imitating the voices of my childhood heroes, especially Spock and Bones. For a few moments, I'm reliving a time in my life filled with wonder.
Those childhood memories are now becoming part of the way I connect with people today.
That led me to another thought.
I grew up watching Captain Kirk and his crew explore strange new worlds with the ship's computer always available to help them navigate unfamiliar territory.
Now I'm doing something remarkably similar in cyberspace.
Alberta has become part of my storytelling process. I can explore ideas, ask questions, refine my writing, and discover possibilities that weren't visible to me before.
I'm beginning to see a new possibility for the 6,200-plus stories sitting in my archive.
I want to find a way for readers to navigate that archive using modern technology. Imagine being able to enter my collection of stories and discover one that might help you navigate whatever you're experiencing in your own life.
I don't know what that will look like yet.
It's a work in progress.
It's a labor of love.
Isaiah 43:19 reminds me, “See, I am doing a new thing!”
Maybe that's what yesterday's light-bulb moment was about.
Seeing something new.
Join me here:
https://substack.com/@michaelmulliganlivelong
Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting. Thank you for asking me to share a story.
Every bit of encouragement helps me keep going.
Captain's Addendum
Spock: Michael, your archive now contains more than 6,200 stories. Perhaps we should improve the navigation system.
Bones: Spock, he's already got a computer helping him. Give the man a minute.
Spock: I believe that is precisely what I am suggesting, Doctor.
Yesterday reminded me why I love doing this.
I'm still that kid who finds wonder in exploring strange new worlds. The difference is that now I get to invite other people along for the journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment