Sunday, November 11, 2018

Happy Veterans Day


Our youngest son is celebrating his first Veterans Day today.  I would like to thank him and all the others who served our country.  I would also like to thank those who played a role in mentoring and shaping our son into the fine young man he is today.  My father, an ex-marine sergeant who served at the tail end of the Korean War, used to say, "it's a two-way street."  My interpretation of this is, you get what you give.  Anyone willing to sacrifice his or her own life for others deserves to be honored today and everyday.

On this day exactly one hundred years ago, World War I ended.  Those brave soldiers are no longer around to thank.  Take a moment today to thank a veteran for serving our country.  Have a great day.  Happy Veterans Day.

No comments: