Friday, November 9, 2018

First Fall Snow


It's opportunity day today.  This is my first time driving in the snow since my auto accident earlier in the year.  My health insurance company recommended I try some anxiety coaching to help me overcome my fear of getting behind the wheel again.  My wife drove everywhere during the first couple of months my recovery.  I started with short trips to the post office. My breathing techniques came in handy when I ventured into new places with unfamiliar roads.  I'm sure family members appreciate that I no longer gasp when other vehicles encroach on my comfort zone.

There's no room for fear in my life.  I felt like a hypocrite when I was writing stories about no fear while I was a prisoner held captive by my own anxiety about driving.  The male brain prefers not asking for help.  The truth is I needed help big time and I'm thankful for the coaching I received.  I'll see you on the road.  Be safe.  Have a great day.

No comments: