Tuesday, November 6, 2018

A Yellow Submarine Story About My Household


I was six years old when the Beatles released their hit song, "The Yellow Submarine."  Many wondered what it was all about.  The Beatles meant for it to be a children's song.  Five decades later, I see new meaning in the lyrics.  One of the verses goes like this...

Full speed ahead Mr. Boatswain, full speed ahead
Full speed ahead it is, Sergeant.
Cut the cable, drop the cable
Aye, Sir, aye
Captain, captain

I feel like Paul McCartney is speaking directly to my own personal yellow submarine, about to leave port for a three year journey to financial freedom.  The preparations are underway and on the check list is (drumroll please, Ringo)...cut the cable!  If all goes well, I plan to raise the periscope and see what life looks like with financial independence.  There was a time in my life not long ago when the waters were so murky I couldn't see a way out.  Our yellow submarine was lost somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle.   Now it's time to move full speed ahead, Mr. Boatswain, and fulfill a dream most consider a fairy tale.  This yellow submarine will no longer have a mortgage attached to the the deed.  It's the last hurdle.  Destination?  Sea of Tranquility.  I know, I know, it's on the moon.  Full speed ahead.  I'm ready for launch.  Have a great day.

No comments: