Monday, August 21, 2023

Final Thoughts

 


This story is a bonus story.  Most of the time, one story a day is plenty with my busy schedule.  The truth is I should be completely exhausted and running on empty.  This morning the reverse is true.  Praise God!  My voice is still intact despite days of continuous speaking.  I give credit to this state of being to Jesus who has been leading me on this incredible journey.

I can't say enough good things about this fledgling team in North Canton, led by Cory and Gabrielle.  This rookie class resembles seasoned pros.  They lifted me up numerous times when I found myself in tenuous stituations.

New openings are like roller coasters.  I recall the rickety one in Balboa Park in San Diego I rode as a youngster.  There were times when I thought we were all going to crash to our death.  An irate member standing in line decided to vent about having to stand in line first despite getting his advance ticket to the show online.  He was mad as Hell and decided to yell at me.  I remained calm while listening to his rants.

"Sir, I'm offering you and any others in this line a free pass if you can please show me proof by holding up your digital member card." I said.

"Nonsense," he fired back.  Others in the line cowered perhaps afraid they too would become targets of this man's frustrations.  A couple of brave souls held up their cell phones hoping they could gain entrance.

"You're free," I said, motioning for them to walk in. Next, I looked bravely into the angry man who was still venting.

"I Don't believe in apps," the man said after I offered him a solution.  "Besides, my cell phone is in the car."

"If you would like, sir, I can get a manager to assist you.  I'm doing my best to help you."

The situation turned better when the man told me he wasn't seeking special treatment.  Another member whispered, "This is opening weekend, you're all doing a great job."

This is where my journey ends.  New friends.  New experiences.  New opportunities to be refined in the fire.  I leave North Canton today with memories I will forever cherish.  Thank you to my teammates.  This record breaking opening is truly a Hall of Fame performance.  I'm thankful to be part of the support staff.  Have a great day.


No comments: