Tuesday, August 29, 2023

A Peek Inside the "Lucy" Folder

 "Lucy" is the codename for our future second home on wheels.  Although Lucy won't come into our lives until the Spring of '25, the planning stage has been underway for more than two years.  The construction phase may take up to a year or longer.  Although my retirement won't take place for another seven years, the idea of traveling in a self-contained vehicle for mini adventures and vacations brings me back to my childhood when we camped out almost every weekend.  My dad was ahead of his time when he took out the seats in our VW van and constructed a bed out of 2x4's and plywood.  I don't recall how we got around when we weren't camping but the weekends were great.  Later, we moved on to camper truck.  Perhaps my dad is sending me ESP signals from Heaven for my dream project, "Lucy."  

There isn't much inside the Lucy folder yet.  I have some notes from people I met who have their own mobile home on wheels.  This morning I discovered a YouTube video from the West Coast with a unique layout featuring family space in the front and a Happijac Bed Lift.  The full shower is in the rear of the van.  On top of the van the couple set up solar panels that also serve as a deck.  These ideas are going into the Lucy folder today.  Stay tuned.  Have a great day.

No comments: