Thursday, June 11, 2020

Take a Ride on the Confidence Train

If someone offered you a free ride on the confidence train, would you accept?  Your mind is probably already throwing out objections.  The less confident you are, the more you need a journey like this.  I can hear your questions from the other side of cyberspace.  Where is this train going?  How long is the ride?  What's going to happen?  Can I get off the train if I don't like the ride?  Are there strings attached?  Most of your questions are based on the uncertainty of a ride like this.  Has anyone ever heard of a "confidence train"?  Well, probably not.  I just made it up this morning.  I see a need to help people get through these troubling times and the doubts seem to be surfacing all around me.

I've been on the confidence train all my life.  The longer I ride, the easier it gets to be in challenging situations where confidence helps me.  A few months ago, my train was hijacked by a novel virus that disrupted my personal life.  Some of my confidence I spent years developing vaporized.  I remember asking myself, "How can I do my job effectively if I have a mask on my face all day?"  One day they put up shields to protect people from the spread of COVID-19.  I asked myself, "How am I going to be able to communicate with all these obstacles"?  I needed to get the confidence train moving again and that's exactly what I did.  It wasn't easy but I forced myself to adapt.  That's what confidence really is – modifying your thinking to accept whatever challenges life throws your way.  This blog is your free ticket to building confidence.  I'm here every day at 8:08, Pacific Time.  When I get enough confidence to share some videos with you, that will be something you can check out during your daily train ride.  Have a great day.

No comments: