Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Good News from Erin


Wilson is on a solo mission to spend time with a long-time friend who is now battling Stage IV terminal cancer in New York City.  She reported today that after 16 weeks of weekly chemo, today's scan results show the tumors are so small/diffuse that they cannot be measured.  She made my day with her good news.  Wilson's too, although he never says much.

I must admit that I really don't know what to say or do in situations like this.  Erin reports on her FB page that her type of cancer cannot be cured and the life expectancy is anywhere from 3-5 years.  She is 2 years into her journey.

Erin cautions the rest of us not to advise her to have a positive attitude or tell her, "you can beat this."  I'm listening because I care and want to be present to her journey as difficult as it may be.  My hope is that she keeps up her "can do" spirit for as long as possible and that she continues to make an impact on the world around her.  Erin's time with Wilson will be the final chapter of the book I'm working on.  "The Adventures of Wilson" will be dedicated to her.  Please join me in her happiness today as she celebrates a victory.  Have a great day.  Erin, thank you for being such an inspiration.


No comments: