Monday, June 15, 2020

Rise and Shine

It's 5:15AM right now on this beautiful Monday morning.  I'm sitting in my basement composing this blog message.  There was a time in my life when I dreaded getting up so early in the morning.  The snooze button was my best friend.  Not anymore.  In fact, snooze is out for good.  I discovered that snooze was really an enemy of all the good I wanted to achieve.  Snooze meant to surrender to my dreams.  It's 5:20AM now.  This paragraph took five minutes to compose.  I'm feeling pretty good about that because I recall all the times in my life when a paragraph took an hour.  Sometimes longer. A page of writing wouldn't come until days later.  Now my life is all about "rise and shine."  I have eight minutes left to finish up this message, shower, and head to the airport to drop off our daughter before the early morning shift at my day job.  One week from this moment I will be on my way to another assignment in another state.  The to-do list for this week is massive.

I'm learning how important "rise and shine" is to my goals.  Time is now my greatest ally.  I'm learning I can get important tasks done if I get up as early as 4am every day and meditate.  It seems counter-productive to meditate because on the outside it looks more like hitting a snooze button.  No, it's quite the opposite.  It's 5:27AM now.  Three minutes to close so I'm not late for the early morning drop-off at the airport.  The day is already choreographed.  This is what rise and shine look like.  It's doing the small things right every minute of the time you allot for specific tasks.  5:29 AM. Time to sign off.  Have a great day.  Stay tuned for more adventures ahead.

No comments: