Friday, June 12, 2020

Why You Need a Measuring Stick for Your Goals

The older I get, the more I realize the value of having the right tools to get things done.  The same is true with goals.  Your measuring stick helps you to size up your project before you begin.  Once started, use your measuring stick to keep track of your performance.

For many, measuring sticks may appear boring.  Maybe that's why some projects never get started.  They seem unappealing.  I got creative when it came to measuring my progress on a three-year quest to gain financial independence.  I happen to be exactly in the middle of the thirty-six-month span and I'm not giving up even though this may be the most challenging goal I've ever set for myself.  I use my "measuring stick" to track monthly targets which are set up to look more like a virtual golf course than a spreadsheet.  This may not be a traditional approach but I can tell you I'm hooked because I'm having fun while hacking away at my debt.  According to my measuring stick, there are now very few bogeys and I'm seeing my first back-to-back pars.  My caddy thinks I can obtain an eagle or two in the coming months of the game.  All I can say is to make sure you find a way to measure your goals and make sure you have fun while you're sizing up your performance.  Have a great day.

No comments: