Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Start Here for Excellence

Do you remember the first day of Kindergarten?  Everyone in your class was a beginner.  Excellence wasn't in anybody's vocabulary.  The same is true in every area of your life that you value.  If you're good at something it's because you gave it a try and stuck with it. 

One of the areas of my life I'm working at is being a better follower of Jesus.  Jesus likes baby steps.  Children are his specialty because they have no bad habits.  Imagine what he can do with someone who commits as a beginner who is not afraid to fail.  I believe Jesus can make all things new.  Care to join me?  Let's do this together.  This is day 1.  The only thing I know for sure is that I'm not an excellent Christian.  I need the basics and the first lesson is loving God with every fiber of my being and loving others the way I love myself.  This is going to take a while, maybe a lifetime.  If you don't notice anything different about me, please forgive me – I realize no one starts off being excellent and I'm still in Kindergarten.  If you're willing to sit next to me, thanks.  Have a great day.

No comments: