Saturday, February 2, 2013

Valentine's Month Tip #2 -- Write a Love Story


You don't need to be a best-selling author to be qualified to write a love story to your significant other.  You already have all the ingredients you need -- a plot, a theme and a main character you love with all your heart.  Put it all together and share your love story during Valentine's Month.

The story below is dedicated to the love of my life.  May it inspire you to write your own love story...

The Interior Decorator

The knock at the front door was precisely at the appointed time.  When I opened it, I was surprised by her appearance.  Her black business suit fit her perfectly and her hair was pulled back in a pony tail.  She had a legal pad in her left hand and a large brief case at her side.

"Hello, Mr. Mulligan, I'm Helen, your new interior decorator.  It's nice to meet you."

"Please, come in.  You can call me Michael."

Helen led me over to the dining room table and took a seat.  Her two-inch heels highlighted her calve muscles and I immediately knew I would have trouble concentrating on our business meeting.

"You have a lovely place, Michael.  Can you share what your plans are?"

"It would probably be best if you inspected each room.  Do you mind taking a tour?"

Helen took notes as we walked through the home.  "This place has potential," she said.

"My goal is to make this place more like a home and less like an office.  I had some room-mates but they moved out because they didn't like living here."

"I understand," Helen said.  "Your home is missing a feminine touch.  I will be back with a new vision for you in two weeks."

The whole time she was gone, I couldn't stop thinking about her.  Those stunning blue eyes captivated me.  I barely got any work done.  My mind drifted back to our first meeting.

The second time she visited, I knew I was in love with her.  There was something about her on the inside that made my heart long for her.  When she opened her portfolio, her vision for my home was incredible.  I hired her on the spot and she oversaw every step of the renovation for the next six months.

When it was time for the great reveal, she presented me with the keys to my newly remodeled home.  "May all your dreams come true, Michael" Helen said with a proud smile.

"Will you have dinner with me tonight to celebrate?  That would make my dream come true."

Helen smiled and nodded approvingly.  Twenty-three years later, she still smiles the same way every time I greet her with a good morning kiss.  Not only did Helen redecorate my home, she redecorated my heart, knocking out walls and expanding it so there would be enough room for her and three children.  She is my dream interior decorator.


3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.