Friday, October 13, 2023

Glimpses of Perfect Love

We humans have been in a state of imperfection for eons.  Our broken world has been the standard we use to evaluate every aspect of our lives.  Some have been fortunate to get a glimpse of perfect love, like Abraham when he encountered the burning bush.  Moses had his hilltop experience when God delivered the 10 Commandments.  Mary was visited by an angel who shared God's plan for her life.  These are all glimpses of perfect love.  The ultimate example is when Jesus was born in the lowliest of places and circumstances.  Most of the people in that time period were blind to God's perfect love which became flesh.  

I heard a wise man describe Jesus as an ambush predator who disguised his Father's plan so well that even the demons failed to see how we would all be rescued.  That's what perfect love is.  Perfect love says, "I'm going to create man in my image and I'm going to allow him the opportunity to be with me forever or live forever apart from me."

It's easy to criticize, condemn, and complain when we live in a state of imperfection.  Maybe that's why every once in a great while we get an opportunity for a glimpse of perfect love.  I challenge you to seek perfect love.  Seek Jesus.  Follow Jesus.  There may be times in your life when you may give up on Jesus.  I've been there.  The good news is Jesus will never give up on you.  He loves you perfectly.  Keep that in mind when you find yourself trapped in situations that appear hopeless.  Have a great day.

No comments: