Saturday, October 7, 2023

The Secret to Happiness

 A close friend asked me to share my secret to happiness recently.  My answer wasn't what was expected.  I happen to believe we are created in the image of our Creator.  There is this infinite space inside of us that can only be filled one way.  Those of us who seek to fill this space with finite solutions come up short.  These alternatives limit our own happiness.

Imagine that today you make a decision to invite Jesus into that infinite space inside your heart.  Perhaps up to this point in your life you only allowed partial entry.  Something a voice inside your head told you to be careful about letting Jesus in all the way.  You sensed your life might radically change so you only granted limited occupancy.  Is it possible that limited permission is linked to limited happiness?

I'm all in.  My happiness is off the charts.  This doesn't equate to rough days.  This simply means that when my infinite space inside my heart is filled with Jesus who is infinite, I'm happy.

There is a great benefit when you invite Jesus to fill up this infinite space.  You will discover that everything else you once chased after in your pursuit of happiness is no longer of value because finite things are not the ideal solution.  Give the infinite solution a try and see if your own happiness soars.  Have a great day.


No comments: