Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Is Your Morning Routine Healthy?

 Are you having trouble managing your time and getting things done?  If so, this story may shed some light.  I'm discovering the idea of consistency, especially in the first hour of my day.  Loved ones know it's nearly impossible to reach me after 8pm as I'm already shutting down and preparing for eight hours of sleep in order to get a quality start first thing in the morning.

Think about how you start your day.  Is your wake-up time consistent?  Are you well rested?  Do you have your top three priorities in place?  Are these goals written?  How likely are you to accomplish these goals before the day is over?

It's now 6am as I'm writing this story to be released at my scheduled time, 8:08AM, Pacific Time.  Despite a handful of missed deadlines, this is my top priority for over 5,000 days.  The morning prayer/meditation prior to writing helps me get in an ideal state of mind.  The early wake-up at 4am gives me a couple of hours free of distractions.

This is a great time of year to work on an improved morning routine.  It doesn't need to be perfect.  Make small changes as you approach the end of the year and set yourself up for a lifetime of healthy habits.  Make that first hour of your day the best it can be.  Have a great day.


No comments: