Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Not an Inch to Spare

 If you were around yesterday when I picked up my "midsize" rental car you would have laughed uncontrollably.  By the way, I'm having trouble understanding what midsize really means.  Maybe if you were on the set of The Wizzard of Oz and you were one of the muchskins.  Not really midsize when you're hauling a bike and a couple of suitcases.  Well, it worked.  I used every nook and cranny without having to disassemble my road bike.

I have a new motto for my life on the road...work hard, play hard, and pray harder.  I spotted a couple of barbecue grills at my hotel.  Yes, burgers for breakfast are atypical.  Barbecuing in cold weather is also indicative of faulty circuitry in my brain.  Maybe it's because I rewired my cranium to believe writing stories with one finger is not outside the standard deviation of "normal."

Thank you for keeping in touch.  There is much to do in my new setting.  Stay tuned.  Have a great day.

No comments: