Sunday, November 27, 2022

Grip N' Rip

 My travel assignments are more than work.  It's not easy but I always find a way to exercise.  Yesterday is a great example.  Excluding Thanksgiving with my family, yesterday was my first real day away from my day job.  I headed to the indoor courts seeking a hitting session with one of the local pros.  The place was buzzing due to a youth tournament.  I walked out with a Winter schedule of drills.  Nonmembers are welcome and guest fees are waived.  

My workout time was not a total bust.  I found a local park nearby with three tennis courts.  There was a slight breeze.  Outdoor temps hovered around 55° which is a heat wave this time of year in the Midwest.  Families ventured outdoors.  Dog walkers filled the trails.  It was the perfect day to take a break from my day job assignment.  I'm hoping for several grip n' rip sessions before I return home from my assignment which has been extended an extra week due to our popularity in Ankeny.  The favorible news reports helped us exceed our goals.  My hope is to return home in better physical shape than when I started.  So far so good.  Time to head to my house of worship with an armful of prayer requests.  I will be sure to offer thanks for the great weather and for all the amazing people on my support team.  Have a great day.

No comments: