Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The Million Dollar Question

 How are you doing with your relationships?  Satisfied?  Are you wondering if perhaps you could do better?  The older I get the more I understand how asking great questions leads to a better understanding of the people around you.  I do my best to ask the right questions.  

You don't have to look very far to see dissension and division in the world.  Families fight for generations.  Countries attack other countries based on quarrels or misunderstandings from so long ago that they forget why they hate each other.

I met a gentleman this week who inspired me to ask the million dollar question.  It's a question that could forever change our future.  I knew that asking the question could harm our chances for a friendship but I took the risk.  We were both talking about Jesus.  My new friend explained why he needed to be put to death.  

I asked,  "What if everything Jesus said was true and he wasn't a false prophet?"

There was a long pause while my Jewish friend considered my question.  If I asked you the same question, how would you answer?  If you're not sure, do what the first followers did.  Come and see.  Where?  Check your local movie theater and see for yourself.  The Chosen is on the big screen for a limited time beginning tomorrow.  Have a great day.

No comments: