Friday, November 4, 2022

Mother Nature Reveals Her Dreary Side

 The leaves are mostly gone now.  Temperatures are falling.  Dark skies moved in overnight.  It will rain most of today.  Mother Nature is revealing her dreary side in my home state today.  Just because she appears gloomy and bleak, that doesn't mean I have to reflect her nature.  I choose to look on the bright side.  So, what is it that can help us be cheery on dark days?

There aren't many sheep in my town to count so I'm improving and counting leaves.  Each leaf is something I'm thankful for.  These leaves are like grains of sand on the beach.  They are in abundance right now.  You can do the same thing.  Count sheep, count leaves, count grains of sand.  Count the stars, the clouds, people on the subway.  You get the idea.  If you stay with this exercise and count high enough, you can see how many blessings there are in your life.  Mother Nature may be punching.  Counter punch.  Don't stop.  Seize the day.  Have a great day.

No comments: