Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Why I'm Biting My Tongue Every Day

 My wife and I are in agreement about this season of Lent – it's our best ever.  Why?  Because this is the year we find ourselves closer to God than ever.  This is not by our own actions, rather God's action in our lives.  We are working on our weaknesses.  Silence is now my preferred response when I find myself getting sucked into a conversation that could damage someone else.  It's far better to keep those words in my mouth than to let them add fuel to the fire.  Gossip is a dangerous weapon that can kill even the strongest among us.

Test yourself.  Do you find yourself at the water cooler gossiping about others?  Opt for the silence.  Bite your tongue.  Walk away.  See what happens when you learn to control your negative talk about others.  Have a great day.

No comments: