Saturday, April 2, 2022

How are You Doing in the Living Like No One Else Department?

 I first heard of "living like no one else" from Dave Ramsey, an advocate for debt free living.  His ideas helped me slay my debt monster who I once believed was going to be a permanent resident in our home.  Something changes inside you when you decide you want to live like no one else.  What I've come to understand is that living like no one else, when applied to every area of your life, changes everything.

Think about the food choices you make.  What was your last meal like?  What is your next meal going to include?  I ask this because most people can't distinguish between what they eat and what most other Americans consume.  Sadly, eating like everyone else means dying like everyone else.  Poor food decisions lead to being fat, sick, and nearly dead.  

Worship choices also fall into a category most people don't even consider.  In my opinion, spiritual choices have far greater consequences than finances or health.  Worship choices determine what happens when we die.  Eternity is difficult to grasp.  We tend to think in finite terms, like birth and death.  We have a beginning and an end.  The chapter after death has no end.  The worship choices you make in this world have consequences.  I choose not to live like everyone else when it comes to worship because I understand the idea of deferred gratification.  Ask yourself how you want to live when it comes to worship.  Examine your daily choices.  I recommend going all in.  Have a great day.

No comments: