Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Catching My Breath Today


Sometimes a timeout call is necessary.  That's what I have today – a day of rest and recuperation.  I'm home.  This last week felt more like a high speed chase than a casual life of an empty nester on cruise control.  The only one I know with a busier calendar is my mother and she's 364 days shy of 80.  The Merry-go-round is spinning and I need a day off to catch my breath before the next adventure.

I would like to thank my boss at my day job for re-arranging my schedule in order to catch the only available flight on Friday.  Everything had to be almost perfect – no traffic delays, no bags to check, a TSA precheck on my boarding pass to skip the long lines and a super human transition to my connecting flight in Detroit.  At times I felt more like being in a marathon race than on a pleasure trip to Arizona to see my beloved classmates at our 40th high school reunion.  The race came to a successful conclusion just prior to the midnight bell.  I got eight hours of sleep and woke up just in time to let my friends and family know I'm home safe.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to reconnect with my classmates, spend quality time with my amazing mother and replenish my vitamin D levels with some Arizona sunshine – a premium for Midwesterners at this time of the year.  Have a great day.


No comments: