Monday, September 24, 2018

Manage Your Risk for Diabetes


Diabetes runs in my family.  The National Institute of Diabetes recommends managing your risk of diabetes.  Here is a checklist:

  • Manage your blood pressure
  • Keep your weight within or near optimum range
  • Get moderate exercise on most days
  • Increase fiber and whole grains
  • Reduce stress
  • Eat a balanced diet
  • See your physician or health care provider regularly
I take these suggestions seriously.  While I can't control certain risk factors, like being over age 45 or having a family history of diabetes, I'm doing everything in my power to avoid diabetes.  It's working.  My "food program" and active lifestyle are yielding good numbers when it comes to medical assessments.  My latest Hemoglobin A1c test result is 5.2 which is in the normal/ideal range.  When it comes to diabetes, you can manage your risk.  Get started today.  Have a great day.

No comments: