Monday, September 3, 2018

Fear or Fearless?


Fear is like a shadow.  It's always lurking.  Depending on your relationship to the sun, fear's shadow can shrink or grow so large in size it appears as an overwhelming obstacle.  The one constant for me is my relationship with Jesus, Son of the Most High God.  With Jesus behind me, the shadow is powerless.

I don't have time to look down at my shadow.  I'm too busy looking up and around.  I see friends who have good reason to believe their own shadow cannot be easily defeated.  These same friends remind me that no matter how challenging their struggles may be, they refuse to let fear get the best of them.  One of these special people sent out a message she has been diagnosed with cancer.  The exclamation point at the end of her message was, "believe, pray, conquer."  There weren't any shadows in her message.  Hope is her flashlight.  Prayer is her compass.  And love is the voice she hears from all her friends and family cheering for her to look up and be bold in her time of uncertainty.  Choose fearless.  It's habit forming.  It's a lifestyle.  Have a great day.

No comments: