Tuesday, September 11, 2018

One List Complete, One to Go


The honey do list is officially complete.  I needed all three days off from my day job to do it.  Barbecuing.  Mowing.  Cleaning carpets.  Repairing broken items.  Checking in with our adult children.  Patient recovery observation.  Whew!  The good news is the patient is 100% free of polyps.  I'm cleared to return to my day job today and finish my work list in time to visit with my sister.  There is much to do during my final week on loan to our expansion city before settling back into my normal routine the following week.

I'm happy to report solving one of the greatest mysteries in the universe – patient billing.  It required a 3-way conversation with the billing department at the hospital and my health insurance company.  I listened while the other two parties dealt with my claims, one by one, dating all the way back to February.  It was like a Sci-fi thriller.  The call ended better than expected when I was told, "you don't owe anything today."

I'm thankful for all the people in my life who prayed for me and cheered for me to get better after my car accident.  I called my local insurance agent to thank him for his help getting my claims paid.  He's truly a miracle worker.  Now it's time to finish what I started in Davenport.  Have a great day.

No comments: